Monday, November 4, 2013

Imma Do Me

Whew!That was a while!
Life catches up to you sometimes, and blogging gets pushed to the back burner.
Some of my friends were allowed to date in high school. I don't think I was, but my parents and I never really sat down and had that chat. There were 2 major reasons I didn't have a girlfriend in high school: 1) I didn't want the drama and 2) I was never man enough to ask a girl out.
I know. Pathetic.
But now it's a different story. I'm an adult out on my own- it's my decision. In highschool, there were expectations placed on me (whether perceived or actual) and what type of person I was supposed to be. Don't get me wrong- I lived for Christ, not to fulfill other people's expectations. But all the same, those expectations aren't really around anymore. Those people aren't around me daily to make sure I'm upholding them. My parents raised me right, so I have no intention of changing who I am in Christ. But the temptation now exists to change who I am to attract people. It's not hard- I know what type of guy most girls are looking for.
But I'm not looking for 'most girls.'
I'm looking for the girl who's different- she's a diamond in the rough (in more ways than one).
She cares about others more than herself, and she loves Christ more than anything.
That's the kind of girl I want, and I guarantee you she's looking for a young man who does the same thing.
Men who live a godly life will attract women who live a godly life. It's just that simple.
If a girl is following Christ, then any Christian guy worth his salt should be able to spot her.
And that's the type of girl worth going after.
Have I found her yet?
Maybe. Just maybe...
But teaching yourself not to settle for less is tough.
Especially when it's so easy.
It's a daily struggle- one that requires the help of the Holy Spirit to overcome.
So when people say "Imma do me, and you do you", I say "more power to ya."
I'm gonna be who I am- a reckless follower of Jesus Christ. If a girl doesn't like that, then it only means that I haven't found who I'm looking for. But if she does,
maybe my wait is over...

No comments:

Post a Comment