Sunday, January 19, 2014

Back On the Horse

Close parentheses.

That's my goal.
Don't get me wrong- winter break was FANTASTIC. Reconnecting with old friends, forming relationships with new ones, and finding time for countless Starbucks runs in between- I don't think I would have changed a thing.
Christmas was unique for me. Growing up, I (along with most other kids) bought into the American consumerism we are so used to seeing around this season- it's all about the presents, baby. My Christmas list was always longer than I care to remember. Not this year.
This, year, I couldn't think of a single thing I really wanted for Christmas. Not one. And it felt GOOD.
I went into Christmas with no expectations at all. I was content with whatever God would bless me with, which is more than I could say for the previous 17 Christmases. There was nothing special or shiny or new or nifty about my Christmas. It was just great- it allowed me to focus on the best Gift I've ever received.
And God also blessed me with great friends to spend time with and be encouraged by.
Wrap it all up in a big bow and we come to today- my last night of freedom. My last night before responsibilities reenter my life. Admittedly, it will take some time to adjust to college life again. I have to be sharp, diligent, and dedicated- and that's going to be tough. But it's not my power doing that.

No comments:

Post a Comment